The Omega Challenge:
In a recent post Ilia answers a question about consciousness and personal identity in the perspective of human immortality. On your own or as a group we invite you to reflect on the following questions and share your thoughts in the comments section below:
- How does consciousness of death shape your present life?
- What are your deepest fears about death?
- How can a renewed sense of immortality shape our present life and world?
- If we knew that one’s death makes a difference to the eternal life of God (we either enhance God’s life or diminish it), would we live our earth lives differently?
- How do we understand this statement: How we die is how we live?