Dear Omega Friends,
Change is in the air, both with the season of autumn and here at Omega Center. We just held our first ever livestreaming webinar, our annual conference in December is coming up quickly in December, and we are hard at work on some end-of-year surprises and big projects for the new year.
Which is why we could use some help! We are launching our first call for volunteers who believe in Omega’s vision and want to help us share it far and wide.
If you want to join our team as a passionate person ready to jump in, move fast, and make things happen, please send us a cover letter indicating your fit with the volunteer opportunities listed below as well as your current resume. We will be in touch later to set up Zoom interviews with a selected group of potential volunteers.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your information.
We are excited to meet you and work together to spread the Omega Center’s mission around the globe.
Grace and blessings,
The Omega Center Team
- Experience with traditional and online fundraising
- Assisting with devising and deploying our bi-annual fundraising drives
- Grant writing experience a major plus
- Fundraising networks with high-net-worth contacts a major plus
- Event planning and management
- Coordinating with vendors and partners
- Running registration
- Assisting registrants and speakers
- Growing a social media following across numerous platforms
- Finding new pages, accounts, and influencers to help expand our social reach
- Meme creation, article sharing, group management
- Primarily focused on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
- High comfort level with Photoshop or other image editing tools for primarily web (but some print) use.
- Most projects are web images or social memes, basic website design, flyers, and similar work
Metrics and Analytics
- Experience and excitement around tools like Facebook Insights and Google Analytics to guide online and social growth
- Will locate new strategies based in the data and provide metrics-based recommendations
Video Creation and Editing
- Experience creating basic videos with mobile phone, Zoom, Skype, or similar platforms
- Experiencing editing videos, including insertion of images, music, and text
- Comfortable uploading and tweaking metadata on YouTube
- Experience with Facebook Ad and Google Ad platform
- Ready to test new audiences and expand existing demographics
- Editing and posting articles
- Contacting authors for new pieces, biographical information, etc
- Locating public domain images for articles
- Experience creating dynamic, fresh, and extensive slide decks in Powerpoint
- Including locating or creating public domain images
- Comfort with transitions, bulleting tools, and playback options
WordPress Website Management
- Experience running WordPress websites (posts, pages, tags, categories, themes plugins, etc)
- Basic comfort level with HTML and CSS
Zoom Video Conferencing
- Experience set, running, managing, and recording Zoom calls
- Experience with Zoom’s many features (like waiting rooms) a plus
- Experience with Zoom Rooms and Workspaces a big plus
Small Group Facilitation
- Help organize online Omega groups
- Facilitate Omega lectio divina
- Coordinate content for group discussion
- Moderate group feedback